- 1 City Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements-2018
- 2 Get a New or Missed Uber Driver Signup Bonus Up to $1,250!
- 3 City Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements
- 4 UberEATS Vehicle Inspection Requirements
- 5 Free City Uber Car Inspection Locations-Find Your Cities Inspection Center
- 6 Additional Uber Driver Support & Resources
- 6.1 Greenlight Hub Uber Vehicle Inspection Information
- 6.2 Uber Vehicle Inspection Information
- 6.3 Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements Important Reminders
- 6.4 Uber Vehicle Requirements
- 6.5 Uber Driver Requirements
- 6.6 Uber Driver Document Requirements
- 6.7 Getting in Person Activation and Support
- 6.8 Ubers Driver Online Help Center & Knowledge Base Support
- 6.9 Contact Uber Driver Support
- 7 ATTENTION: Missed Uber or UberEATS Driver Signup Bonus Up to $1,250!
- 8 Can’t Find an Uber Vehicle Inspection Location Near You?
- 9 Uber Vehicle Inspection City – The Basics
- 10 City Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements & Checklist
- 11 Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements Important Reminder
- 12 City Uber Vehicle Inspection Form
- 13 Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements Paint & Body Damage Disqualification
- 14 Uber Car Inspection Requirements – Pass or Fail, the Final Lap!
- 15 Uber Vehicle Rental Program-Hertz & Maven Gig (GM)
- 16 Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements Q & A
- 17 Lyft Driver Signup Bonus Promo Code Up to $2,000!
City Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements-2018
If you are a new or current driver looking for an Uber Car Inspection location in City you’ve definitely come to the right place. RideshareDriver.com will help you find the closest FREE or affordable Uber Vehicle Inspection Location nearest you. We will also provide you with in-depth knowledge of the overall Uber Car inspection process, Uber vehicle inspection requirements, where to download your Uber vehicle inspection form, how to get a new Uber driver signup bonus up to $1,250, and even help you get a Missed Uber Driver Signup Bonus if did not apply a promo invite code or use a promo link when you first signed up to drive with Uber.
Before you can start earning cash with Uber, all new drivers must first pass an Uber vehicle inspection in City, prior to taking their first trip on the Uber platform.The Uber vehicle inspection requirement process is the final phase of being approved on the Uber platform and must be completed before having your Uber account activated to drive. Uber vehicle inspections are performed mostly for FREE, or at a discounted cost at either an Official Uber Greenlight Hub Location or from a partner approved Uber vehicle inspection auto vendor.
Uber car inspections are required and mandated by most city, state, and/or regulatory entities to ensure the safety of riders, drivers, and the general public. Be sure to follow our step by step guide to find the nearest Uber vehicle inspection locations and requirements for your city.
City Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements Guide and Information
Our exclusive Uber Car Inspection Requirements Guide will help you get the following valuable information:
- Find a FREE or low-cost Greenlight Hub Vehicle Inspection Location near you
- Find a low cost or FREE 3rd party vendor approved Uber Vehicle Inspection Location near you
- Download the required Uber Vehicle Inspection Form (if applicable to your city)
- Get additional information on how to improve your vehicle maintenance and care
- Find Uber driver related resources, contact information, links, and more for your city
- Sign up to drive with Uber with a new Uber Driver Signup Bonus up to $1,250
- Get a Missed or Retroaction Uber Driver Bonus up to $1,250 (Click Here for Details)
- Optional Uber Car Rental Program w/ Hertz and Maven Gig (GM)
City Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements
Uber Vehicle Inspection Locations consist of a combination of Uber Greenlight Hub driver support locations, and Uber approved BAR (Bureau of Automotive Repair) certified auto shop, partner/vendors. All driver vehicles that require an Uber car inspection will go through a multi-point vehicle inspection process performed by a certified auto mechanic. The mechanics will follow a guideline or checklist to ensure your vehicle meets city, state, and/or regulatory requirements. Most U.S. cities only require a 19 point Uber vehicle inspection but some cities may have inspection requirements that go beyond the standard 19 point requirement. Additionally, there are several cities in the U. S. that don’t require new or current Uber drivers to have their car inspected. However, be sure to read all the requirements information, and follow the instructions below when locating your cities Uber car inspection station.
Additional Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements:
In order for you to properly locate an authorized Uber vehicle inspection station in your city please review all additional requirements and guidelines:
- Depending on your city, your vehicle may need to undergo a 19-point or extended multi-point inspection
- Most cities require a vehicle inspection, but several U.S. cities do not
- First check here to see if vehicle inspections are required in your city. If inspections are required then find you city inspection location here
- Meet your State and/or Cities Uber Vehicle Requirements (check here) before having your vehicle inspected (vehicle age requirements are 15 model years old or newer in most cities, and 10 years old or newer in several select cities)
- Find out what the Uber driver document requirements in your city.
- Meet the minimum Uber Driver Requirements:
- Be at least 21 years of age
- Have at least one year of driving experience in the U.S. (3 years if you are under 23 years old)
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Use an eligible 4-door vehicle
- Consent and pass a criminal and DMV background check
- Have a valid U.S. driver’s license
- Proof of vehicle registration (can be in another person’s name if on the same insurance)
- Proof of vehicle insurance
- Check here for updated Uber Driver Requirements (linked site will Geo-Locate to your specific city
- Inspections are required annually
- You must have your vehicle inspected at least once every 12 months
- Brand new vehicles or vehicles that recently had “original manufacturer or 3rd party auto mechanic service maintenance and/or multi-point vehicle inspection, are still required to have an official “Uber Vehicle Inspection” if applicable in your city
- Be sure to check that your vehicle meets your city’s Uber vehicle requirements before having your vehicle inspected
- It is your responsibility to make any repairs needed to pass the vehicle inspection
- Please note that passing the vehicle inspection does not guarantee access to the Uber platform
- Signup to become a new Uber driver (with a bonus)
- Access your new Uber dashboard, and sign in
- Follow instructions below for nearest Uber car inspection location
UberEATS Vehicle Inspection Requirements
New or current UberEATS drivers who have signed up to drive on the standalone UberEATS platform only, are NOT required to have a vehicle inspection in any city in the U.S. However, if you signed up to drive on the Uber platform (for people), and have opted into the UberEATS in-app option hybrid feature which allows you to switch or choose between either platform, you will still need to have the standard Uber vehicle inspection performed if required in your city or state. If you’re interested in driving for UberEATS only, signup here for a new UberEATS driver signup bonus valued up to $1,100.
Free City Uber Car Inspection Locations-Find Your Cities Inspection Center
Below you will find the “DIRECT LINKS” to Uber’s website page specific to the Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements in your city. Keep in mind Uber vehicle inspections are not required in every city in the U.S., and if you do not see an Uber “vehicle inspection'” tab/section on your cites resource page, then vehicle inspection is NOT currently required.
Additional Uber Driver Support & Resources
The following will help you expand your search for information on vehicle inspections, Uber Greenlight Hub driver support locations, vehicle and driver requirements, in-person support, contacting Uber, account activation, and other Uber driver related resources:
ATTENTION: Missed Uber or UberEATS Driver Signup Bonus Up to $1,250!
Did you know that you could still be eligible for a new Uber or UberEATS Driver Signup Bonus? Get your missed Uber referral bonus Invite Code Here!
How to Get a Missed Uber or UberEATS Driver Signup Bonus
Can’t Find an Uber Vehicle Inspection Location Near You?
It’s very unlikely that you will encounter any challenges in locating an Uber car inspection station, Greenlight Hub or a 3rd party authorized partner vehicle inspection provider in your city. Uber does a great job of reaching out to new drivers via email or text to guide them to the nearest inspection facility within a reasonable geographical area.
Before you head out to get a vehicle inspection, be sure to cover the basic procedures:
- Remember not all cities require an Uber vehicle inspection
- First, check the official Uber car inspection website for requirements and locations
- Review all the Uber Vehicle Inspection requirements, and resources as described in the above sections of this article
- Check here to see if Uber vehicle inspections are required in your city
- Contact Uber if you’re not sure about inspection locations in your city
Uber Vehicle Inspection City – The Basics
Knowing what to expect prior to having your vehicle inspected can save you time, energy, and headaches. I highly recommend that you perform your own pre-inspection process based on the checklist provided to ensure your vehicle meets the necessary Uber inspection requirements. If you identify any potential repairs that may be needed to pre-qualify the checklist I suggest you address those repairs first prior to meeting with an Uber vehicle inspector specialist. Doing so may save you time and energy. Additionally, safety should always be your number one priority. And, the overall purpose of having your vehicle inspected should not be only because it is “required”, but rather to make sure you’ve done your part to ensure the safety of the general public, other motorists, your passengers, and of course yourself. Being a true professional driver begins when we put safety before profit!
City Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements & Checklist
Uber certified inspectors will first go through a step-by-step procedure beginning by checking the make, model and year of your vehicle to determine it meets your cites vehicle requirements. The inspectors will then perform (in most cities) the basic 19 point vehicle inspection process which consists of checking lights, brakes, steering, windows, seats, doors, tire depth, etc. The 19 point vehicle inspection process is relatively quick and generally takes no more than 15-20 minutes. Be sure to first check to see if Uber vehicle inspections are required in your city
NOTE: Uber vehicle inspection requirements may vary by city or state and may require additional multi-inspection-points, slightly longer inspection times, and use of state-mandated inspection facilities.
Complete Uber Car Inspection Requirements Check List:
- Tail lights
- Turn indicator lights
- Brake lights
- Brakes and steering:
- Brake pads/shoe thickness
- Emergency/parking brake
- Steering mechanism
- Windows and other glass:
- Rear window and other glass
- Windshield wipers
- Seats and doors:
- Front seat adjustment
- Safety belts for driver and each passenger
- Doors (open / close / lock)
- Other items:
- Muffler and exhaust system
- Tires, including tread depth
- Exterior & Interior Rear View Mirrors
Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements Important Reminder
Prior to having your car inspected, it is important and critical, to understand that Uber’s vehicle inspection requirement process is by no means a replacement for your auto manufacturers suggested maintenance schedule. Whether your vehicle is under your auto manufacturer maintenance warranty program or not, it is in your best interest to keep your vehicle in peak condition at all times. Regular preventive maintenance scheduling is probably the single most important thing you can do as a car owner to help keep your car in optimal performance condition while saving money on potential future repairs, and ensuring your vehicle is safe to operate on the road for you, and the general public. As an Uber or rideshare driver, you will be spending more time on the road than your average commuter which means your vehicle will subject to increased wear and tear and require more attention for upkeep and maintenance. I highly encourage you to follow your auto manufacturers maintenance guide to extend the life, integrity, and performance of your car. As the old saying goes “take care of your car and your car will take care of you!”
General Maintenance Procedures In Addition to Your Uber Car Inspection
Ubers vehicle inspection requirements should only be considered an addition, not a replacement, to your auto manufacturers suggested maintenance care and procedures. Many Uber or rideshare drivers may be under the illusion that simply having an Uber vehicle inspection will suffice for their vehicles overall maintenance needs. This mindset or belief is further from the truth. In fact, not practicing preventive maintenance on your vehicle will only shorten its lifespan, cause an increase long-term repair cost, and endanger the public. The following guide and resources will give you additional insight into what is required to get the most out of your vehicle:
- First, be sure to read your auto manufacturers specific owner’s manual. Knowledge is power, and can save you tons of headaches and money!
- Follow your vehicle manufacturers suggested maintenance schedule
- Spend the time finding a trustworthy mechanic, researching and reviewing local auto repair/maintenance shops
- Do your own inspection: You don’t need to be an auto mechanic genius to learn how to check the basic components of your vehicle to identify and troubleshoot issues, replace small parts or components, or even perform basic maintenance and minor repairs
- Learn to check your fluids: antifreeze, power steering, coolant, brakes, and window fluids are just a few
- Check your oil and get it changed regularly: perhaps the 2 most costly replacement car components are the engine and transmission. Changing the oil and maintaining levels for these two components can save you collectively well over $10,000 easily in repair and replacements cost!
- Check your battery and clean the contacts-where is the worst place to have your car battery die? On the freeway! Been there, done that…never again!
- Replace your windshield wipers when they begin to streak
- Get your tires rotated and balanced, and your alignment checked
- Inspect and replace timing, serpentine, drive belts and hoses
- Replace your cabin air filter
- Replace your engine air filter
- Change your spark plugs
- Check Tire Air Pressure
- Wash and maintain a clean vehicle inside and out minimum 2 times monthly
- Check the following for more information and resources on how-to-car-maintenance
- ConsumerReports.com: Simple tasks that can make your car last longer
- Cars.com: Expert Tips on Service
- Edmunds.com: Maintenance Schedules, Recalls and Technical Service Bulletins
My Personal Multi-Point Vehicle Inspection Full Service Maintenance Record
In order to keep my new Toyota Prius in the best condition possible for as long as I own the vehicle, I made a conscious decision to adhere to my auto manufacturers suggested maintenance schedule. Even after my new car maintenance warranty had expired, I still took my Toyota Prius in for regular maintenance checks. I knew that investing in my car’s health over time I would be able to prevent more issues or problems from arising in the future saving me time, energy, headaches, and hard-earned Uber money. To give you an idea of what a regular maintenance schedule Multi-Point Inspection looks like and what is covered, I shared my personal service maintenance record report below:
City Uber Vehicle Inspection Form
This form is only applicable to cities that require a 19-point Uber vehicle inspection. To determine if this form is applicable to your city first check your cities vehicle requirements and/or if a vehicle inspection is required in your city, then follow the instructions below:
- First, check to see if you need to have an Uber Vehicle Inspection in your city
- Download the inspection form (if required or applicable to your city)
- Find an Uber car inspection center for your city here
- Have your vehicle inspected if applicable, and required in your city
- Be sure to have your inspection form signed completely, and dated by an authorized inspector if applicable (some cites may submit the inspection form electronically)
- Be sure to retain or keep a receipt as proof of purchase (Some cities may require a receipt of vehicle inspection in addition to the inspection form)
- Upload the completed form to the Uber partner dashboard
- Or upload via the Uber partner app:
- In Uber partner app Home screen click Account (bottom right) >Documents>Vehicle Inspection>Take photo of inspection form (with all 4 corners of document visible, not cropped)>Upload inspection form
Click Here or On Image to Download Uber Vehicle Inspection FormClick on Vehicle Inspection Form to Download Now
Uber Vehicle Inspection Requirements Paint & Body Damage Disqualification
If you read the above Uber inspection form carefully, you will notice that body and paint “condition” is not listed or included on the inspection checklist. However, this does not mean the exterior condition of your vehicle won’t be overlooked, or that you will receive a “Pass” inspection report if any exterior damage or wear exists. Uber will not accept vehicles that have major body damage, or excessive paint wear and tear. It’s important to understand that Uber wants you and your vehicle to meet the highest standards possible as both represent the overall quality of service Uber brings to the passenger community. There are, however, some exceptions to this rule which Uber may overlook. Minor dents (smaller than a baseball or golfball), pings, scuffs, scratches, and blemishes should be fine. Anything beyond that may disqualify your car. However, I suggest you go through the Uber vehicle inspection process anyway. This way you know exactly what needs to be addressed or repaired in order to meet Uber’s inspection qualifications and prepare for a re-inspection.
Uber Car Inspection Requirements – Pass or Fail, the Final Lap!
You’ve made it this far, and now your entering into the final lap in your quest to qualify as an Uber driver. You’ve passed the vehicle requirements, the driver requirements, and even that dreaded background check, leaving only vehicle inspection to go with the checkered flag in plain sight. While most drivers will make it to the finish line and pass with flying colors, some will have to start the race over, and some will have to drop out the until the pit crew can get them back on track. However, you can improve your chances of coming in first by not focusing on how you finish, but rather how you begin. Before you head out to have your car inspection, thoroughly read and go through Uber’s car inspection form checklist, and do everything possible to ensure your vehicle will pass each item listed. If you see any obvious items on the list that need to be repaired, get them taken care of right away. The sooner you can address those issues, the faster you can get your vehicle inspected and on the road making that easy money.
Failing your Uber Vehicle Inspection
If for any reason your car does not pass the inspection process, simply correct all issues identified by the inspector(s), or those items not checked off as “Pass” on the inspection form, and return to have the inspection performed again. Once you complete and pass the re-inspection process, upload your new inspection form to the Uber partner dashboard or via the Uber partner app. The inspection process covers only the most basic and fundamental roadworthiness of your vehicle. In the event your vehicle should fail the inspection process, it’s an indication your vehicle is not safe for the road, the public, passengers, and yourself. At that point which you should consider investing money into bringing your car up to standard.
Passing your Uber Vehicle Inspection
Once you have passed the vehicle inspection, Uber will activate your new partner account, direct you to download the partner app, provide you with the necessary official Uber trade dress signage/window decals, and airport permits if applicable and/or required for your city. Some cities may require a business license and other required documents as well. Click on the link to see the required document list for your city.
Uber Vehicle Rental Program-Hertz & Maven Gig (GM)
Your car didn’t meet Uber’s car requirements or didn’t pass Uber’s vehicle inspection? Don’t have your own vehicle, and looking for alternatives to drive for Uber? Uber’s Vehicle Solutions Program offers rentals, partnerships, and special partner offers to help you get the car you need to start driving today. Uber has partnered with big names in the car rental and automotive industry Simply signup to drive with Uber using our exclusive new Uber driver promo link, choose the option “I need a car”, and Uber will handle the rest!